Other than Kalalau Trial, there are many good places to camp on Kauai. Here is a partial list of Kauai Camping locations.
North Kauai (Closer to the trail head)
- Anini Beach Park: Restrooms, Cold Showers, Pavilions & Picnic Tables
- Hanalei Beach Park: Located in Hanalei off of Aku Road
- Haena Beach Park: Grassy Picnic areas, close to Tunnels Beach for great snorkeling
- Milolii: Hidden along the Na Pali coastline. Only accessible by boat.
West Kauai (Farther from the trail head)
- Polihale State Park: Far western end before the Na Pali coast
- Lucy Wright County Park: Not as nice as Polihale, but if Polihale is full…
- Salt Pond Park: Located on the only natural salt pond in Hawaii